Overall, the construction of this dress is very simple. I pretty much followed StormtrooperPrincess's account of how she made her dress, with a few minor changes. I made a keyhole neck by cutting a slit down from the neck in both layers, then sewing the layers together very close to the slit and turning the dress right-side out. The neck then closes with a hook and eye. I also had to sew the two layers together at the waist to make an elastic casing, because the dress fabric was so heavy it was constantly pulling the dress out from where it was bloused over my belt. Plus, the elastic gives the skirt a nice, evenly-gathered look. My hood is also substantially narrower than hers, because I ran out of fabric.
The belt is made from white vinyl. The plates I made from thin aluminum sheets from the hobby store, which I cut with tin snips and then superglued onto the belt. The circular bits are 7/8" button blanks glued onto the plates. The belt closes with Velcro in the back.
The boots are the Sweetheart Boots from bandshoppe.com, in white. I would have preferred boots with a lower heel, but I was unable to find any in my size.
For CIII, I wore a wig. For Comic-Con, I bought dark brown fake hair and a colored hairspray that matched, rather than trying to match my own hair (difficult with the limited selection at Sally Beauty). So I made the hairbuns separately by loosely twisting the hair and sewing it in a spiral, putting a hairnet over the whole thing, and sewing combs on the inside. Then I parted my hair down the middle, pin-curled my stubby pigtails down flat, sprayed my whole head with the brown hairspray, and then hooked each hairbun in above the pincurls, bobby-pinning the edges down. It worked really well, at least in person. In photos the color difference is more pronounced. But I think I'll make the buns a bit smaller the next time I wear this costume.